Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Visions Of Sugar Plums Danced In Her Head; a holiday bedroom makeover

I decided to give our bedroom a Christmas makeover! 


This is what my bedroom looked like before said  makeover. Shades of calming, soothing aqua...



I decided it needed a POP! of color for the holidays. Red fit the ticket.




I found the peppermint garland duvet cover and pillow cases at Garnet Hill. The peppermint pillow was handmade in NYC by Etsy seller,RosiRouge.




I filled the jars on my nightstand with various peppermint candies and peppermint candles.




I hung the snowflakes I made up over the bed using red and aqua ribbon.



For The other night stand I bought handmade bottle brush trees also from Etsy sellers. I fell in love with the Baileys cup tree and had to have it! It's from JenniferArndt. The little red tree and the little aqua tree  are from BlessingsFromCindy.








The bedroom turned out so cheerful, it gives me yet another reason not to want to leave my bed! Also it should be noted, Samardzija puppy approves of the makeover! xo & holiday spirit, Lizzie

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sending me a link to see the trees in their new home!! Your bedroom looks so cute & cheerful!! Love all the colors together!! Have a Merry Christmas!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous is this room!!! I love your choice of colors---turquoise/aqua and red! My favorite combo. The pillow looks perfect!! Thank you and I'm happy you are enjoying it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you want to ever sell your duvet. I had bought it on clearance and returned it but have regretted it ever since. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete