Sunday, January 15, 2012

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

For the past few months I have been asked over and over who I am having in my bridal party. I  felt rather hesitant to answer. I wanted to ask them before putting them on the spot telling by everyone before they even had a chance to give an honest answer. Not everyone wants to be a bridesmaid... gasp!... there's the cookie cutter dresses, the time commitment, being front and center and it's awfully expensive these days to be a bridesmaid!

So I asked first... and they said yes! So I can share how I asked with you now!

I wanted a more creative and special way of asking my friends to be in my wedding (since I only get to do this once!). I thought sending them each a dress hanger with their name from my doo-dah! shop my be a nice way to do it. I also handmade dress cards,the inside of each card read, "Will you be my bridesmaid?".

Making the cards was a blast! I had so much fun designing a different dress for the front of each of the cards and playing with ribbon, satin, lace and buttons!







Inside of each card I wrote a personalized message telling them why I hoped they would would be in my wedding.

My bridal party; Frannie, Laura, Jenn, Leah, Allison, & Ester!


I used the Martha Stewart Deep Edge Floral Vine Punch to create a lacy edge for the insert of the card.


So excited to share this exciting time with these ladies! And I promise... NO UGLY DRESSES! xo Lizzie ;)


ps... Looking for a fun way to ask the groomsmen? Check out what we did for them, here!

And to see what we did for our adorable flower girl click here!




2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea. I am glad you had a great time making them and that your ladies said yes! Very cute! I will certainly consider this idea (well one similiar I am not that paper crafty) when I ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This constantly amazes me just how blog owners such as your self can find the time as well as the dedication to keep on crafting superb blog posts. Your website is good and one of my personal must read weblogs. I just had to thank you.

    jewelry for bridesmaids

    ReplyDelete