Saturday, October 13, 2012

Rock & Roll Sushi with Morimoto & Friends

Last Night I attended Rock & Roll Sushi with Morimoto and friends at The Harvard Club in New York City. The event is part of Food Network's NYC Wine & Food Festival. I am not a huge fan of fish- the tickets were a gift from me to my fiance who loves sushi and all types of seafood. But I actually really liked the food and tried things that I would not have tried somewhere else. I felt like if the best sushi chefs were making me something, I had better at least try it. I'm glad I did because I found new things that I like!

The Harvard Club was a very impressive space and was battling the exotic seafood and celebrity chefs for my attention. It was like I stepped into the board game Clue. Huge chandeliers, sconces, stuffed animals, wood paneling, secret doors, and the Harvard logo was hidden in most of the decor. Dramatically lit paintings of distinguished gentlemen hung on every wall and reminded me of Scooby Doo, with the painting's eyes following my every move. This would be an awesome venue for a Halloween party!

The liquor was flowing with a giant bar in the center of one room and men in white jackets walking around serving cocktails on silver trays. The cocktails and the desserts kept with  the asian flavor using asian plum,and yuzu. The event didn't start until 11:00pm and went on until 2am making me very grateful for the iced Illy espresso drinks!

My favorite food of the night was made by Mono + Mono of New York City. I can't wait to go to their restaurant and try more of what they offer.

Accidentally photographed Chef Robert Irvine in the left hand corner.







Mono + Mono did an awesome job displaying their sushi on records and working turn tables- really added to the theme!




Raw Bar
Raw Bar Prep
Chef Ming Tsai

Mr. Rock & Roll showed up and got to work- Guy Fieri.

Guy Fieri cutting octopus


Sushi Zen was grating fresh wasabi. And Chef Toshio Suzuki was overseeing prep.

Chef Chris Cosentino

Sooo many desserts!


This was the card I made Jeff for his birthday to go with the tickets to this event :)

Had a great time and it was nice to have a late night out! But I am tired now I think I'm gonna make hot chocolate, grab a blanket and cozy up on the sofa. I need to recover!
xo Lizzie





















No comments:

Post a Comment