Monday, August 1, 2011

lucy the elephant turns 130



Lucy is 130 years old this year. It seemed very fitting for me to visit her for my 30th birthday, since we are both July birthday girls. 

I had mentioned to my boyfriend a few times that this was what I wanted to do for my 30th, he is a true Jersey boy and yet he had never heard of her. In fact when I told people that I was going to see Lucy for my birthday, most natives of New Jersey didn't know what I was talking about.

My pilgrimage to see Lucy the Elephant reminded me of the movie "Michael", starring John Trovolta. Michael is not your typical angel and with his limited time to visit earth he obsessed about seeing the world's largest objects. Michael would have loved Lucy!


Inside of Lucy.

Top right, peanuts in Lucy's belly ;)

Left, the view from Lucy's eyes.

Margate's water tower.


Lucy's visitors have included several presidents... but this visitor is my favorite!





Atlantic city is a few mins away so we went there for dinner and to take in the sights.


Jersey love.


Old building in Atlantic City. Love the seahorse detail!


Inside of Caesar's they had lots of  Adirondack chairs lining the length of the building with huge picturesque windows. And sand!

Breathtaking view from the Adirondack chairs in Caesar's, Atlantic City!

Wish I had gotten a better picture of my retro dot dress. It was the perfect boardwalk dress!


Seeing Lucy was a very me thing to do for my birthday. I am sure most people don't get it but I loved it and I will always remember my silly, fun 30th birthday at the Jersey Shore! xo Lizzie








No comments:

Post a Comment